DEPARTMENT OF Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2009. The department has eighteen highly qualified and dedicated faculty members headed by the Dean with vast experience. There are five faculty members with a doctoral degree and two of them are recognized supervisors under Anna University, Chennai. The Department has also been recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai. The faculty members are actively involved in research and consultancy activities. The consultancy focuses on Building Materials Testing, Soil investigations, Concrete Mix Design, Structural Design and Verification. The Department is provided with good Infrastructural facilities and well-equipped Laboratories. The Laboratories include Concrete and Highway, Strength of materials, Hydraulics and Fluid Machinery, Soil Mechanics, Environmental Engineering, Survey and Computer. The department has 70 computers with 20 Mbps internet connectivity. The Department offers B.E. Civil Engineering degree programme and M.E. Structural Engineering programme. The Under Graduate programme (B.E.) in Civil Engineering was started in the year 2009-10 with a sanctioned intake of 72. Based on its expertise, the department was permitted to offer Post Graduate programme (M.E.) in Structural Engineering from 2013-14 onwards with a sanctioned intake of 18 students. Considering the ever-growing demand of Civil Engineers and growing emphasis on planning, a new and unique Under Graduate programme, B.E – Civil Engineering and Planning was introduced from the year 2016-17 onwards.
To achieve the vision of producing Internationally Acclaimed Civil Engineers the department adopts best teaching practices. Through the implementation of these effective teaching-learning methodologies, the Department has produced 10 University ranks in the B.E Civil Engineering Programme under Anna University. In order to bridge the gap between industry and academics, students are made to attend guest lectures and workshops by industry experts and a platform is arranged to interact with alumni members. Students are also motivated to participate in co-curricular, extra-curricular activities and also trained to compete for the competitive exams. The students have brought laurels to the department by winning prizes in Paper Presentations and other events in Symposiums. The placement track of the passing out students is very healthy. One of our students holds dual records in Guinness World Records, Limca Book of Records and India Book of Records. He also holds one Record in Asia Book of Records.
Under Graduate Programme
It is a theory-oriented course and deals with the study of structures like buildings, bridges, roads, dams, canals, etc. The course is usually offered by public institutes. It is an application and skill-based course that deals with the study of creating structures like buildings, bridges, roads, etc.
Post Graduate Programme
M.E. Structural Engineering
M.E. Structural Engineering involves the advanced study of the course's components such as Structural Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, Structural Dynamics, Structural Reliability and Optimization, Reinforced and Pre-Stressed Concrete etc
PhD Civil Engineering is usually a 4 to 5 years long doctorate level degree. It is a course of study that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of structures that are integral to the general public, like roads, dams, bridges, canals, and additionally railways, sewage systems, etc.
supporting pm initiatives mapped with aicte
- R.Richordson from III Year Civil Engineering Department won First Prize in Open State Deadlift championship 2019 organized by Indian Fitness Fedeartion, Coimbatore on 9 th June 2016
- R.Richordson from III Year Civil Engineering Department won First Prize in Zone Power lifting Championship -National Record organized by Indian Powerlifting Federation ,Chennai from 18 th to 20 October 2019 to 20th October 2019
- R.Richordson from III Year Civil Engineering Department won National Power lifting Championship -National Record organized by Indian Powerlifting Federation, Washim from 14th Novermber 2019 to 17th Novermber 2019
- Laurense Devaraj from IV Year Civil Engineering Department awarded Design Thinning Best Project- Money Maker Award by SNS College of Technology on 29th June 2019
- Abirami from III Year Civil Engineering Department awarded Design Thinning Best Project- Money Maker Award by SNS College of Technology on 29th June 2019
- M.A.Balaji (2015-2019 Batch student ) Secured Best Student Award from Indian Society of Technical Education
- Gopinath,N.Naveen Kumar,A.Natchiyappan,Santhosh Sivan from Civil Engineering and Planning Department presented a project in “Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Project & Design Innovation at Anna University Regional Campus, Coimbatore.
- T.Rahul Raja from III Year Civil Engineering and Planning Department was attended and selected in National level Handball Tournament and Won First Prize organised by Youth Rural Game & Sports Federation of India at Nagapttinam from 28.09.2018 to 30.09.2018
- Karthik Sah .S.Sathasivam from II Year Civil Engineering and Planning Department participated Technical Symposium “KALINGA ’18” organised by SNSCE and won second prize in Quiz.
- Dharanni Tharran,C.S.Gokul ,J.Mohammed Marshuk,B.SharanK.Senthilnathan from III Year Civil Engineering and Planning Department Participated in National Science & Technology Fair organised by Coddissia from 29.8.2019 to 31.8.2019
- Chidhambaram,N.Naveen, R.Sangeeth,A.Natvhiyappan,J.Kathiravan,from IV Year Civil Engineering and Planning Department Participated in National Science & Technology Fair organised by Coddissia from 29.8.2019 to 31.8.2019
- B. SAKTHI (Batch :2013-2017) Department of Civil Engineering, performed the Limca Book of Records (National Record) at 10.00am on 10th June 2015.
- B. SAKTHI (Batch :2013-2017) Department of Civil Engineering, performed the “GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS” on 18th October 2015.
- B. SAKTHI (Batch :2013-2017) Department of Civil Engineering, performed the “ASIAN BOOK OF RECORDS” on 18th October 2015.
- B. SAKTHI (Batch :2013-2017) Department of Civil Engineering, performed the “India BOOK OF RECORDS” on 10th June 2015.
- Hariharan (Batch :2012-2016) Department of Civil Engineering, performed the “Limca Book of Record on walking image of Mahatma Gandhi using one lakh 1 rupee coins at SNS college of Technology, on 13th July 2015
- M.Lakshmi Narayanan, Mr.G.Gowtham and Mr.P.Lawrence (Batch :2012-2016) received Cash Award for Model making/ KPR
- S.Subash (Batch :2010-2014) received Award for Cube casting from Coimbatore Builders & Contractors Association (CEBCA)
- The prime aim of Department of Civil Engineering is that students are not limited to class rooms, but it is extended to make them employable engineers by providing those resources that would empower them to emerge as a successful engineer.
- To achieve this eminent scholars from education and industry are invited to conduct seminars and workshop which are spread over the academic calendar. This page is your destination for all news and events happening in department of Civil Engineering. This page will be regularly updated, according to the program schedule.