SNSCT Library: A house of Knowledge
Vivekanandha Library is a treasure house that supports the teaching and learning activities of all the Students, Research Scholars, Faculty Members and all other staff members. It is a valuable partner in the user’s pursuit of excellence in learning and research. It is a Learning Resource Centre and supports the teaching and learning activities of all the Students, Research Scholars, Faculty Members and all other staff members. The books are encoded, cataloged and computerized according to the new technology system in order to meet the rapid growth of visitors and researchers. It collects, organizes, preserves and provides access to and services for a rich and unique record of human thought and creativity. The Library is housed in a separate fully automated and furnished block with an excellent stock of books, journals and magazines (National and International). Our value lies in the valuable information resources, services and facilities (NDL, NPTEL, Swayam Prabha (24x7 DTH Channel) that we provide to all users. With state-of-art equipment, we have the facility for the Satellite Communication link with world libraries.
Chief Librarian’s Message
Welcome to the SNS College of Technology, Vivekananda Library. The aim of our Library is to provide the most effective lending, references, proactive, current awareness and information provision services according to present and future users’ needs. Also, our Library provides to maintain and develop access to SNSCT collections as a national research resource for the students, staffs and research community.
The library supports the academic programmes of our college through collections and services, which enable students and faculty to access, update their knowledge and information resources. This support empowers our constituencies to develop the information and technological competencies necessary to achieve their educational, research and professional goals.
This enables them to succeed in the workforce and apply lifelong learning skills. In the coming years, the library will be delivering much more user-focused and technologically sophisticated services, designed to meet the contemporary information needs of students, staffs.
Mrs. G. Nisha, M.COM., M.L.I.Sc.,
Librarian (5 Years)
Mrs. Abinaya, B.A., M.L.I.Sc.,
Mr. S. Rajendran, S.S.L.C.
Library Attender (12 Years)
Library Attender (4 Years)
Establish right contact between the right book and the right reader at the right time.
Encourage and promote the systematic acquisition organization and dissemination of knowledge.
Organize the collection to provide prompt efficient services to the users
Co-ordinate the activities, cooperation and assistance among departmental libraries
Act as a center of information in all departments.
Timings and membership
E-mail Id- email@example.com
Mobile No – 7550316701
|Membership and Time Period for Books and Non-Book Materials|
|Non-Book Materials||10||10||10||4||Time Period|
|1st Issues Duration||15 Days||30 Days|
|Renewal Duration||15 Days/2 Times||30 Days/2 Times|
OPAC - Intranet connection
|S. No||Resources||Total No.|
|10||E-Journals (IEEE & DELNET)||1146|
|11||NPTEL Video Content||5611|
|12||News Papers for Central Library||11|
book bank scheme
SNSCT Central Library has Book Bank facility as one of the section of the library for all our students. Students’ welfare is the main objective to administer this facility. The main aim of this immense service is to help the needy students to fulfill their expectations. This scheme also avoids the need for the students to buy books from market at higher rates and with difficulties. Books from the Book Bank are issued for the whole semester and during every semester in addition to regular books students can borrow books from book bank for retention for the whole semester. This scheme aids in fulfilling student’s requirement for the prescribed books on semester basis.
LIBRARY SPECIAL SERVICES
- Availability of special collection of books, journals, required for the competitive examinations . (GATE, GRE, CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, ) to help the prospective aspirants hone their skills to face these examinations confidently.
- Accessibility to the book-collection of the Library by author, title, subject, etc through OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) on several computer terminals spread over the college buildings.
- Holdings of the library books are computerized and
- Uninterrupted internet
- Document Delivery Service: Arranging photocopies of articles from old learned periodicals to faculty members for R&D purposes.
- Provision of Reprographic
- Collection of requirements of books, journals, magazines etc., for every academic year/ semester from all departments and recommended to the top Management for procurement.
- Monitoring the availability of reprographic facilities to all the students.
- Up gradation of infrastructure like providing/ increasing the internet Connectivity, digital library facilities, e-resources etc.
- Recommendation for updating the available books with new editions.
- Weekly one hour is allotted in the time table as library hour for students
- OPAC service is installed for book access
- Establishing a clean and calm environment inside the library to motivate the readers.
- Fully automated barcode based user entry system
- Installation of CCTV for effective functioning.
- Open access system
- Digital library
- Issue of reference books to during off working hours
- Photocopier facilities
- Responsive Web Design
- OPAC (on line public access catalogue ) facilities
- Separate department libraries
- Additional books are issued for staff and students whenever required and
- Question Bank facilities
- No budgetary limit (need based budget)
- Free internet access
- Bar coded circulation (Issue, Return and Renewal)
- Open Access System
- Digital Library Service
- Reference Service
- Multimedia Resource Service
- Internet & Image Scanning & Barcode Scanning
- User Education Program
- DELNET Access, Online Database Service (e-journals & e-books)
- Web OPAC Service
- Audio – Visual service ( LCD projector, Wide screen, More than 1836 CDs/DVDs, Wi- Fi Internet etc.,)
- NPTEL E-learning Facility
- NDL Access.
- Bar coded User Entry System