DEPARTMENT OF Management Studies (MBA)
Department of Management Studies is the most appropriate choice for aspirants looking for an MBA Programme and a specialization that is progressive, innovative and caters to industry demand. The program follows a design thinking curriculum that is redesigned as per the current Industry requirements.
In addition to regular and full-time faculty, experienced resource persons are usually invited from industry to provide critical insights on a particular topic/issue for all the courses. Faculty members are also actively associated with industry interaction seminars and National/ International Conferences. Such a portfolio helps them in both knowledge generation and dissemination and also in keeping constant touch with recent developments in the industry and other sectors, to make education and training programmes more meaningful and relevant. Faculty members are regularly publishing their work in reputed refereed national and international journals.
The case study methodology is practiced in all subjects to enhance the students’ knowledge about the practice of various companies. The programme offers two mini-projects, a month internship and an in-depth three months industrial project with an integrated professional and career growth across the study period for a better experience and exposure. Its advanced campus life, industry tie-ups & upgraded infrastructure attracts a large number of students every year.
Outbound Training, Management Meets and Entrepreneurial activities are conducted every year to expose the talents of the students in a different arena. The activity-based learning is ensured in the department by executing Quiz, Role Play, Puzzle, Debate, Group Discussion and Stock War to enhance the technical and practical knowledge of the students.
The Department of Management Studies has been ranked at higher grades consistently by premier rating agencies such as The Week, Business Today, The Higher Education Review, etc.
Post Graduate Programme
M.B.A-Master of Business Administration
Student Intake : 120
Specializations Offered : Dual Mode
- C Buds – This start-up has shown its credibility in organizing many events, naming few, Kovai Wonder Women, Out Bound Training to Teachers, Corporate Executives and Students of other colleges
- SNS Supply Chain Solution – This start-up will take care of the end to end process, right from procuring vegetables from farmers and deliver it to the needy people.
- Out Bound Training – VINAYANA is the noble initiative of the Department of Management Studies, SNS College of Technology offers experiential learning programme to the students.
- Consultancies – Department vigerously working on consultancy assignments and generated revenue via conducting Training and Event Management. So far Rs.4,28,000 revenue was generated from 20 projects.
- Focuses on Design Thinking base learning and innovation which iniginites entrepreneurial interest among students’ community. Producing considerable number of Entrepreneurs in every Batches
- G.Manisha, student of our departent won First Place in Cycling; 12th South Asian Games 2016 on 5th – 16th 2016 in Guwahati/ Shillong
- Ms.T Mayuri of first MBA won Gold Medal in an International Level Asian Yoga Championship held at Thailand
- Mr.C.Harish of First MBA Won First Place in State Level Weight lifting in Junior catergies
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Tour De Force” on 30th January 2020 Ms.LAYA Founder & CEO of Apple Advertisement & Event Management
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Tour De Force” on 8th February 2019 Ms.Sanuja John Managing Director Sanju’z Group of Reatil Outlets
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Kovai Wonder Women” on 7th & 8th March 2020 – Vijay TV fame VJ Chitra was hosting the event.
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Kovai Wonder Women” on 8th, 9 th& 10th March 2019. Vijay TV fame VJ Ramya was hosting the event.
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Kovai Wonder Women” on 10th & 11th March 2018. Zee Taml fame VJ Archana was hosting the event.
- Department of Management Studies Organised Annual Day For MBA Department on 9th April 2019 Iakoka Mr.N.Subaramaniam, Chairman Franstek Belts Pvt
- Department of Management Studies Organized Finance Forum “Campus 2 Corporate” on 16th April 2016 Chief Guest Mr.N.Mukesh Kumar, Reginal HR, Mahindra Finance, Mr. Madhu R.Nair, Regional Manager – TN, Reliance Life Insurance
- Department of Management Studies Organised National Level HR Summit title “HR for HR on 16th March 2016 Guest Shri M.P.Saravananan, GM – HR, TI Cycles, Chennai, Shri.Lalith Sajan, Manager – HR, Exterro R&D Pt Ltd.
- Department of Management Studies Organised National Conference Emerging Trends in Management on 10.03.2013 Guest Mr.N.Mukesh Kumar Regional HR Manager, Mahindra Finance.
- Department of Management Studies Organised Campaign at Railway station SWACHH BHARAT CAMPAIGN on 01.10.2018 Mrs.Latha Sundaram Managing Trustee Aram Foundation Charitable Trust Coimbatore.
- Department of Management Studies Organised with Southern Railways and Aram Foundation Charitable Trust conducted awareness campaign to promote Swachh Bharat at Railway Station, Coimbatore on 01st October 2018.