Various number of student development activities are constantly being practiced in each classrooms, enforced by our Center of Learning and Teaching.
Integration of technology into education has enhanced the teaching/learning process to a higher level. The effective use of ICT in pedagogy has helped in grabbing the attention of the student throughout the session. Teaching-learning through various best practices such as Flipped Classroom, Role Play, Case Study, Group Discussion, Small Group Learning, Problem Based Learning, Project Based Learning etc., has elevated the level of it.
- Two Ray Model developed by Nila.A.L. , IV ECE B for Wireless Communication
- Clamper Circuit model developed by II ECE for Linear and Digital Circuits
- DC Motor demo model developed by Sundar.P, Sripathi.AV, Pravin Kumar.S, II ECE for Electrical Instrumentation
- Timer LED model created by II ECE Students for Electronic circuits II
- Standard Signals model created by Prakash.R, Swapna.S, Uma.N of II ECE B for Signals and Systems
- Clean City Power Sparing model created by III ECE for Electrical Instrumentation
- Open System Interface Model created by III ECE students for Computer Networks
- VLAN Hub model created by III ECE students for Computer Networks
- Sliding Window Protocal model created by III ECE for Computer Networks
- Satellite Communication Demo model created by IV ECE for Satellite Communication
Every student right from the first year are given personal care through tailored activities with a specially assigned mentor. Talent search and personality identification of each student is done at large and they are taught, trained, challenged and guided in a systematic progression. From the first year onwards, students are encouraged and guided to be globally competent through various competition and challenging forums. The capable students are also given the opportunity to customise the courses that they learn by hand picking electives. There are also means by which the student can even choose who would teach a specific course to increase the faculty-student interaction and understanding. Through personal mentorship programme, each student is given special and individual care to help them grow and mature in academic, social and personal skills and talents. At the end of the four years, it is made sure that every student progress in systematic, customized and challenging manner in all need knowledge and skills to sets. The student progression is monitored by keeping a record of all the activities like attendance & assessment for each course by the respective faculty. Apart from the mentoring system, the students’ progress is monitored through class tests, online quizzes, assignments, development of teaching material for specific topics, submission of journal abstracts of current status of the technology, by making them attend conferences/seminar/webinars on relevant topics. This exercise makes them involve themselves and makes them proceed beyond communication barriers, rural/ urban background and get a sense of team work. Slow and fast learners are identified and special work or coaching are given.
Naturally, students are more inductive than deductive, they learn better from examples than from logic. So, we believe that the use of case studies is a very effective classroom technique. Students will be provided with an industrial case study linked with the concept or subject, where they got to explore how their learning are applied in the real world situations. This helps the students to actively engage in figuring out the principles from the examples.
- Industry Case Study on Automatic Hand Sanitizer prepared by Mr.M.Saravanan, Assistant Professor in association with Wizard Systems
- Industry Case Study on ” Success Story of Flipkart” prepared by Mr.M.Jagadesh , Assistant Professor related to Flipkart Company
- Industry Case Study on ” Image sensor in Industry” prepared by Mrs.S.Prema, Assistant Professor
- Industry Case study on “Manifold absolute pressure sensor in Digital electronics ” prepared by Mrs.S.Prema, Assistant Professor
- Industry Case Study on ” Fabric based FM radio kit ” prepared by Mrs.S.Prema, Assistant Professor
- Industry Case Study on “Amplifiers ” prepared by Dr.J.Ajayan, Assistant Professor (SG) related to Analog Electronics Industry for subject Analog Electronic Circuits
- Industry Case Study on “RF Amplifiers ” prepared by Dr.J.Ajayan, Assistant Professor (SG) based on Texas Instruments for subject Analog Electronic Circuits
- Industry Case Study on “Challenges in the design of next generation processors ” prepared by Dr.J.Ajayan, Assistant Professor (SG) based on Intel for subject Analog Electronic Circuits
- Industry Case study on ” Power Quality Monitoring using Digital Signal Processors”prepared by Mrs.J.Jayageetha, Associate Professor related to Texas Instruments for Subject Digital Signal Processing
- Industry Case study on ” Digital Signal Processors” prepared by Mrs.J.Jayageetha, Associate Professor for Subject Digital Signal Processing related to Texas Instruments
- Industry Case Study on ” Hardware Codesign for Electrical Machines” prepared by Mr.S.Vigneswaran, Assistant Professor for Subject Electrical Engineering and Instrumentation
- Industry Case Study on ” Impacts of the dv/dt rate on MOSFETS” prepared by Mr.T.Prabu , Assistant Professor for subject Analog elctronic Circuits related to Toshiba
- Industry Case study on ” Why Fiber optic cables dominate copper cables in IT Industry by Mrs.R.Prabha, Associate Professor for subject Transmission Lines and Wave guides related to Cable Express Industry
- Industry Case study on ” Composite Coaxial Cables” by Mrs.R.Prabha, Associate Professor for subject Transmission Lines and Waveguides related to Galaxy wire and Cable Industry