DEPARTMENT OF aeronautical ENGINEERING
The department of Aeronautical Engineering was established in the year 2009, offers 4 year B. E programme with an intake of 60. The Department cherishes the hope that its graduates will be the leaders of tomorrow. The goal of the B. E. program in Aeronautical Engineering is to train the students in a broad based manner with equal focus on applications in aircraft engineering, rocket and space technology. The curriculum is designed to impart engineering knowledge in topics such as structural mechanics, aerodynamics, propulsion, and space dynamics. Further provision exists to acquire additional engineering knowledge through electives. Besides, the students acquire sufficient knowledge in mathematics, physics and chemistry under the category of basic sciences and in humanities and engineering arts. The importance of computational-skill enhancement through the development of one’s own programs as well as the use of advanced software is stressed throughout.
The department has equipped with the best infrastructure and state of the art modern high tech laboratory facilities such as; Aircraft Propulsion Lab., Aerodynamics Lab. (Low Speed Wind Tunnel Facility), Aircraft Structures Lab., Aircraft Simulation Lab. and Design, Modelling and Analysis Lab. (equipped with licensed software viz ANSYS and Pro-E) catering to B.E. Aeronautical Engineering curriculum as well as to undertake Research activities. The laboratories and workshops, detailed in the curriculum, have been framed to take up the challenges in Industry and focus themselves on research and development.
Graduates in Aeronautical Engineering can seek employment in civil aviation, defence R&D laboratories, space research organizations, and CSIR laboratories. Aerospace graduates are also preferred by software industries engaged in engineering-software developments. In addition to these, graduates can enter general fields like management and civil services. Those having a flair for higher education and research can pursue M. Tech. and Ph.D. Tie-ups with the pioneering organisation like National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL), Indian Space Research Organizations (ISRO) etc., have served as eye-openers on the complexities of real life problems, both for the students and faculty members. A dedicated project work is taken up by every student for two semesters during final year. The project work is aimed at high quality standards used in current industry practices. Some Project works are also supported by leading MNCs and defence laboratories involved in state of art research and development.
Under Graduate Programme
B.E. Aeronautical Engineering
4 Years Course
Aeronautical Engineering is the science involved with the study, design, and manufacture of flight-capable machines, or the techniques of operating aircraft. This course trains an engineer in designing, constructing, analyzing and testing of commercial or military aircrafts, missiles, and spacecrafts.
- Vigneshwar V.S & Sheikh Mohammed Jalwathi has won second prize in National Design Project conducted by ISTE, Kerala on 5-10-2014
- S.Z Syed Afsar & Sam VimalKumar.S has won second prize in Connexion conducted by Tamil nadu College of
- Engineering on 30-03-2015
- VijaySunder.K, Mohanachandran.S & Parthkumar.S has won first prize in Aircrash Investigation conducted by Sri Ramakrishna Engineering college on 02-03-2016
- Syed Afsar S.Z has won first prize in Treasure Hunt conducted by Park College of Engineering and Technology on 27-09-2016
- Abirami & Sandhya Sandhya has won first prize in Paper presentation conducted by Nehru Institute of Technology on 25-03-2017
- Vishnuvarthan & Vijay has won first prize in Paper plane conducted by Nehru Institute of Technology on 25-03-2017
- S.Prakash has won third prize in 4×400 Relay conducted by SNS College of Technology on 03-03-2016
- Gayathri.C has won third prize in Badminton- Anna University Zonal conducted by SNS College of Technology on 19-08-2016
- Harish babu has won second prize in quiz competition conducted by Park College of Engineering & Technology on 03-02-2020
- Sri vidhya & Janani Sandhya has won first prize in Paper presentation conducted by Kumaraguru college of Technology on 14-08-2019
- Alpy peter & Ajithkumar has won first prize in Aircrash Investigation conducted by Sri Ramakrishna Engineering college on 27-08-2019
- Preethi. J has secured a gold medal in the doubles event and a silver medal in the singles event in all india national level badminton championship-2019 held at amrister Punjab on 10-05-2019 & 12-05-2019
- The department of Aeronautical Engineering had signed an MoU with Linyi Top Network Company limited, National Sino-India Science and Technology International Innovation Park, Linyi, Shandong, China, during the academic year 2019-20.
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering was one of the organized comitte for International Conference on Mechanical & Building Sciences (ICMBS’19) on 27-03-2019 & 28-03-2019
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering organized Aero Fest program for school students on 30-01-2019
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering organized National level Technical symposium TEXPERIA’20 on 14-02-2020 & 15-02-2020