department of mechanical engineering
CENTER FOR LEARNING AND TEACHING
The DT Based curriculum – R2019 consists of Theory, Theory cum practical and Practical courses, with a total credit of 169 to be earned for the award of degree. The Mechanical Engineering Program consists of Basic Science courses for 24 credits, Humanities and Management courses for 5 credits, Engineering Sciences courses for 20 credits, Program core for 51 credits, Program Elective and Open Elective courses for 30 credits, DT CFC / IIPC courses for 24 credits and DT SCD courses for 15 Credits. The mandatory courses are structured to impart the students with skills and knowledge required for the current industry requirements like soft skills, internships, latest trends in technology, capstone etc. The entire curriculum was structured keeping in mind the AICTE guidelines and the industry expectations from the graduates. The design thinking aspect was included in every course to make the students experience the five stages and imbibe the methodology and its solution-based approach.
The Learning alley
- Dr.P.Tamilselvam, Dean/ Mechanical has received a grant Rs. 14,90,000 from AICTE MODROBS, Titled “CAM laboratory with flexible manufacturing”.
- Dr. C. SowmyaDhanalakshmi, HoD of Mechanical Engineering received Rs.7500 from the TNSCST for the student project scheme titled “Design and implementation of tracker system in conventional solar panel”. (approval copy received and in progress)
- Dr. P.Tamilselvam, Dean/ Mechanical and Dr.C.SowmyaDhanalakshmi, ASP&Head-Academcishas received a grant Rs. 1591766from AICTE RPS scheme, Titled “Design and fabrication of Robotic Arm for Thermal Applications”.
- Dr. T.Prakash, Professor received Certificate of Lifetime Membership award and National Governing Council Member from Indian Welding Society on June 2019
- Dr. M.Elangovan Professor received best project of the year award and cash prize from Karnataka state council for science and technology for the project Design and fabrication of articulated 3D Printer supported by Department of science and Technology, Government of India on 27th July, 2019.
- Dr. M.Elangovan Professor received Special recognition awards for the contributions to CAD/CAM by Autodesk and CADD for 2019
- Mr. M.Mohammed Ariffuddeen, Associate Professor, received making a difference award to the department of Mechanical Enigneering for Santa 365 by SNS Institutions on 20th December 2019.
- Mr. B.Karthick, Assistant Professor, received maximum contributor award for Santa 365 by SNS Institutions on 20th December 2019.
- Mrs. M.Sindhukavi, Assistant Professor, received maximum contributor award for Santa 365 by SNS Institutions on 20th December 2019.
- Mr. M.Sureshkumar, Assistant Professor received IRONMAN, Executive corporate connect award from SNS Breakthrough on 17th June 2019
- Dr. P.Tamilselvam Professor and Head received Distinguished Professor and head award ’18 from RULA International awards on 15th August 2018.
- Dr. T.Prakash, Professor received Distinguished Professor award ’18 from RULA International awards on 15th August 2018.
- Dr. T.Prakash, Professor received Certificate of Lifetime Membership from International Journal for Research under Literal Access since 15th August 2018
- Mr. C.Senthilkumar, Associate Professor received Distinguished Professor and head award ’18 from RULA International awards on 15th August 2018.
- Business Model Canvas
- Business Plan
- Pitching and Negotiation
- Finance and Economics
- IPR Drafting
- Mock Interviews
- Personal Psychology
- Job search & Resume Building
- Interview Process and On boarding
- Advanced VQAR
- Personal Psychology
- General Knowledge
- Resume Building
- Interview Process
- Advanced VQAR (Govt, Bank, and UPSC)
- Advanced VR (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Advanced QAR