Various number of student development activities are constantly being practiced in each classrooms, enforced by our Center of Learning and Teaching.
Integration of technology into education has enhanced the teaching/learning process to a higher level. The effective use of ICT in pedagogy has helped in grabbing the attention of the student throughout the session. Teaching-learning through various best practices such as Flipped Classroom, Role Play, Case Study, Group Discussion, Small Group Learning, Problem Based Learning, Project Based Learning etc., has elevated the level of it.
- The Practical demonstration is given Ms.Shankgavi,AP/EIE for the students of III EIE for the subject Process control for topic Interacting and Non interacting system
- The Practical demonstration is given Mr .S.Prince Samuel,AP/EIE for the students of II EIE for the subject Digital Electronics for the Traffic signal Processing
Every student right from the first year are given personal care through tailored activities with a specially assigned mentor. Talent search and personality identification of each student is done at large and they are taught, trained, challenged and guided in a systematic progression. From the first year onwards, students are encouraged and guided to be globally competent through various competition and challenging forums. The capable students are also given the opportunity to customise the courses that they learn by hand picking electives. There are also means by which the student can even choose who would teach a specific course to increase the faculty-student interaction and understanding. Through personal mentorship programme, each student is given special and individual care to help them grow and mature in academic, social and personal skills and talents. At the end of the four years, it is made sure that every student progress in systematic, customized and challenging manner in all need knowledge and skills to sets.
The student progression is monitored by keeping a record of all the activities like attendance & assessment for each course by the respective faculty. Apart from the mentoring system, the students’ progress is monitored through class tests, online quizzes, assignments, development of teaching material for specific topics, submission of journal abstracts of current status of the technology, by making them attend conferences/seminar/webinars on relevant topics. This exercise makes them involve themselves and makes them proceed beyond communication barriers, rural/ urban background and get a sense of team work. Slow and fast learners are identified and special work or coaching are given.
Naturally, students are more inductive than deductive, they learn better from examples than from logic. So, we believe that the use of case studies is a very effective classroom technique. Students will be provided with an industrial case study linked with the concept or subject, where they got to explore how their learning are applied in the real world situations. This helps the students to actively engage in figuring out the principles from the examples.
- Mr.K.SambasivaRao, AP/EIE discussed the industry cases for the Subject process Control.
- Titled: Automatic fuel flow of LPG gas control via analog signal through electrical valve without pneumatic Compressor
- 1.Pneumatic instrument systems powered by compressed air are often used across the industries for process control.
- 2.Compressed air systems suffer the drawback of air leaks and also pose safety threats.
- 3.There is a need to eliminate compressors and control the flow of LPG using electric valves.
- Industry Name:Emerick Automation, Coimbatore ”
- Mr. R. Suresh Kumar,AP/EIE discussed the industry cases for the Subject Instrumentation and Control.
- Titled: Demand side Management using IoT
- 1. DSM is a modification of consumer demand for energy through various methods such as financial incentive
- 2.The goal of DSM is to encourage the consumer to use less energy during peak hours
- 3.It reduces overall cost
- 4.Eliminate human error
- Industry:NTT Cluster Solutions, Trichy”
- Ms. K. Ranjani AP/EIE discussed the industry cases for the Subject Industrial Electronics.
- Titled: IoT based display board for industriesUse of IoT Based Display Board have endless benefits when they are compared to manual Boards.
- 1. It reduces overall manufacturing cost
- 2. Eliminate human error
- 3. Flexibility
- 4. It reduces machining defects
- 5. Product quality can be obtained as per the specification
- 6. Remote access will help industry to run it widely.
- 7. It will save time and time is money.
- 8. Giving updates to workers according to their rule patterns.
- Industry name:United Signs, Trichy”
- Ms. M. Brindha AP/EIE discussed the industry cases for the Subject Indutrial Instrumentation
- Titled:E-bike have limited weight capacity, when we over load the battery, the discharging rate becomes abnormal, it may reduce the battery life time.
- 1.In e-vehicles, increase of load increases the discharge rate; hence the mileage calculation is misleading.
- 2.Excess weight on the vehicle need to be calculated and based on additional weight, power must be drawn from reserve battery.
- 3.A limit is to be set on excess allowable weight, beyond which the vehicle must not start.
- Industry Name:Ampere Vehicles Private Limited, Coimbatore”
- Mr.S.Prince Samuel ,AP/EIE discussed for the subject Embedded system.
- Titled:The Compressors manufactured should be equipped with Industry 4.0 Standards
- 1.The Customers find difficulty in maintaining the service record of Compressors.
- 2. The Entire Control Unit where the Sensors data are fed must be replaced by Raspberry Pi Processor so that the data can be saved in cloud and retrieved.
- 3. Also a mobile App needs to be created as requested by the Manufacturer.
- 4. One Time Investment required.
- 5. Maintenance and mode of operation is easy.
- Industry Name:Frank Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore
Home Automation using Arduino
Description : M.Malini of II EIE did this project helps to control the electrical loads with the help of android application. The electrical loads are controlled based on Bluetooth input signal. This input signal is received from the android device. Many times it becomes too tiring to operate the electrical switches manually every now and then. This is a big problem especially in case of aged or handicapped people.This system solves the issue by interfacing a unit with home appliances that switches these loads based on the input received from android device.The android device may be any android based phone or tab having an android OS. The app also provides an effective GUI for providing this functionality.An 8051 microcontroller is used in this system. The Bluetooth receiver is interfaced with microcontroller in order to accept the commands and then react accordingly. It operates the loads through a set of relays using a relay driver IC. Relays are used between loads and the control unit.This system proves to be very beneficial for controlling various domestic applications and in industrial setups. The power supply setup of the system contains a step down transformer of 230/12V, used to step down the voltage to 12VAC. To convert it to DC, a bridge rectifier is used. In order to remove the ripples, a capacitive filter is used and it makes use of 7805 voltage regulator to regulate it to +5V that will be needed for microcontroller and other components operation.t.