department of food technology
industry institute partnership Cell
IIPC identifies the industrial expectation and promotes institutional preparation for meeting industrial needs by facilitating sponsored R&D projects, seminars, workshops and various other industrial training programmes. Industry Institute partnerships reflects in equipping faculty to latest practices and makes the students industry-ready by providing exposure to current industry practices, and hone their skills to adapt changing technologies. The primary focus of IIPC is to interact with elite industries in and around Coimbatore, and extend the efforts in establishing partnership with industries across the country in near future.
- PVR Foods Limited
- Modern Dairy Equipments
- Moon Foods Private Limited
The Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) synergies the academic activities of this institution with the needs of all types of industries with strategic planning and implementation. SNSCT IIPC is functioning efficiently thanks to the excellent rapport developed with the industries in and around Coimbatore.
- To offer technical consultancy to the specific needs of the industries
- To offer courses on the latest developments in engineering and technology to practitioners
- To carry out development activities in collaboration with industries and governments
- To impart in-plant training to students and faculty members at industries
- To arrange industry and public sector sponsored project assignments for students
After graduation, the students will be eligible to meet the following positions in the field of food industry such as Food Technologist, Food Safety Officer, Nutritional Therapist, Product Development Scientist, Process Development Scientist, Quality Assurance Engineer, Researcher, Scientific Laboratory Technician, Technical Brewer etc., and so on.
SCOPE OF INTERNSHIP
- Help students grow personally in the context of their career and personal goals.
- Help students develop strong ties with a professional they can trust, ask for advice, and foster their own networking channels.
- Get an inside view of an industry and organization/company
- Gain valuable skills and knowledge
- Make professional connections and enhance your network
- Get experience in a field to allow you to make a career transition
SCOPE OF IN-PLANT TRAINING (IPT)
In-Plant Training (IPT) will provide an industrial exposure to the students as well as to develop their career in the high tech industrial requirements. Reputed companies are providing in-plant training to Students. Here students are initially get counseled in order to emerge out their interest in various streams and what are all the basic concepts they know on that domain. After the successful completion of studies students has to face this competitive world with this knowledge to face many problems and to find the right solutions which is to be solved in the minimum duration of time. The in-plant training is totally different from the class environments.
|S.NO||STUDENTS NAME||YEAR||NAME OF THE COMPANY||NATURE OF TRAINING||INTERNSHIP PERIOD|
|1||II||Indian Crop and Agriculture Research, KVK, Karamadai||Food Processing||15.03.2021 to 29.03.2021|
|2||II||Alazhunachi Amman Foods, Namakal||Food Processing||07.06.2021 to 14.06.2021|
|3||II||Subramanya Shiva Co-op Sugarmill||Food Processing||03.06.2021 to 07.06.2021|
|4||Mareena Joshy||II||People’s Dairy Development, Nedumbassery||Dairy Industry||16.03.2021 to 10.04.2021|
|5||II||Thulya Beverages Pvt Ltd||Food Processing||03.06.2021 to 07.06.2021|
|6||II||Emirates Refining Co.Ltd.(IFFCO)||Food Industry||13.06.2021 to 08.07.2021|
|7||Madhalambika C||II||Milky Mist Dairy Foods Company, Perundurai||Dairy Industry||01.07.2021 to 15.07.2021|
|8||Aravind P||II||Milky Mist Dairy Foods Company, Perundurai||Dairy Industry||01.07.2021 to 15.07.2021|