The Office of the Controller of Examination is equipped with all the facilities such as computers, strong room, copiers, printers, latest COE software and adequate staff to conduct the examinations and publish the results. In order to maintain the confidentiality, dummy number system is introduced in answer scripts. The central valuation system is followed to ensure the standard. A well planned academic calendar is prepared for each semester which schedules the examinations. Evaluation is based on continuous assessment and end semester examinations. Faculty members can enter the Internal assessment marks in the COE software as per the schedule announced by the COE at the beginning of each semester.
The Components of the Internal assessment such as tests, assignments, term papers etc. are planned in the regulations. Students have facility to see their Internal marks through individual student login system. Question paper setting and valuation are done only by the external examiners possessing a minimum five years of teaching experience. Results are scrutinized by the passing board comprising the Principal, COE, all the heads of the department and a nominee from Anna University, Chennai. The Examination Result is published within two weeks of the last end semester examination in the college website. Provision of Revaluation, getting photocopy of the corrected answer scripts are also available.
- To improve the quality of examination and evaluation so as to ensure the credibility of examination system.
- To ensure that all component of the examinations system follow the regulations approved by the academic council of the institute in true letter and spirit to ensure quality.
- To improve the examinations and evaluation policies of the institute to make them flexible enough to adopt the latest trends in Science, Engineering and Technology.
- To make the examination system transparent that could share the information to all the students, faculty members and other stake holders.
- To publish the results within a short span of time.
Dr. J. Kannappan, B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D.
Controller of Examinations
Phone: 0422 - 6525552
Prof. N.Kamalamoorthy, B.E. (Ph.D.)
Examination Cell Coordinator