ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Since inception of the college, in the year 2002, the Department of English has been efficiently functional. The Department stands focused to its Ideals in imparting knowledge and preparing the students towards achieving academic excellence through the acquisition of core competence in language skills in relation to its application & relevance for engineering professionals, and also in giving students practice for developing the four basic skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. Further it facilitates the students to hone their soft skills and exhibit their linguistic abilities to meet the expectations of the industries. They have been given exposure to group discussions, oral presentation and mock interviews. The department has dynamic and energetic faculty members to help the students in mentoring and providing necessary inputs. The students is provided with necessary knowledge in BEC, TOEFL, GRE and relevant examinations for higher studies and better knowledge in acquiring English language.
|Classroom Interaction @ English Class||LCD Presentation|
|Classroom Lecturing||Staff Interaction|
COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS LAB
The new English Language Lab can be used for teaching/learning through teacher’s Console and Language Learning Software. It acts as a platform for learning, practicing and producing language skills through interactive lessons and communicative mode of teaching. Learners can act and respond in a variety of ways at their own pace. The students maintain linguistic competence- through accuracy in grammar, Pronunciation & Vocabulary. Language Learning Software gives learners access to resources for independent or supplemental learning and study. This unique learning-on-demand feature creates additional learning opportunities and reinforces classroom activity. It is possible to conduct & practice tests and get results in individualized manner.
|Listening Activity @ English Language Lab||Group Discussion Demo @ English Language Lab|
|BEC Orienatation||BEC Orienatation|
- The Department has collaborated with Cambridge English Language Assessment which enables the students in acquiring BEC Certifications to make themselves eligible for both placements and better employable eligibility.
- The Department of English convened a FDP on Bloom’s Taxonomy on 29th August 2015 at F Block for the faculty of Science and Humanities.
- The Department of English convened Crash Courses on 13th, 14th, and 16th August 2015.
- The Department of English conducted spoken English classes exclusively for Tamil medium first year hostel students at 4.30 to 5.30 pm from Monday to Friday during 23rd Feb 2016 to 22nd March 2016.
- The faculty has published papers in renowned National and International Journals.
- The Department of English as a part of Extension activity conducted Spoken English classes for students of Government Higher secondary school Kalapatti, Coimbatore on 27th and 28th Jan 2017.